45th Annual Mathews Market Days
September 6th and 7th, 2019
Based on the current weather conditions the Mathews Market Days Committee has made the following decisions for the 2019 MMD Event.
· Road closures will happen as scheduled on Thursday at 12 AM
· There will be no setup on Thursday. No vendor who uses a tent at our event will be allowed to set up prior to 6AM on Saturday.
· There will be no event on Friday 9/6/19
·Vendors will be allowed to set up on Saturday starting at 6 AM and must be completed setting up by 8:45AM.
· Mathews Market Days will proceed on Saturday as scheduled 9 AM- 5 PM with the street dance following from 6 PM- 9 PM.
· The Children’s Area will be 10 AM – 5 PM
· Should the weather patterns worsen for Saturday the Committee will make determinations as needed and notify on Friday by 5 PM
· Should a mandatory evacuation be called by the state Mathews Market Days will be canceled for 2019
So you are wondering where
Mathews County, Virginia is?
We are located on the eastern tip of Virginia's Middle Peninsula, which is formed by the Rappahannock River, the York River and the Chesapeake Bay. We are approximately;y80 miles from the state capital of Richmond, about 65 miles from Hampton Roads and 155 miles from the nation's capital, Washington, D.C.
This annual two-day event is held on the historic Court Green in Mathews County, VA
the first weekend after Labor Day every year!
Latitude: 37.43309922971964 Longitude: -76.32198929786682
Welcome to the
Mathews Market Days Website
Mathews Market Days Mission Statement:
To plan and implement an annual event in Mathews County that will feature local and selected neighboring artists, craftsmen / women, musicians, (as well as farm produce and products) who will share their talents for the enjoyment of residents, friends, guests and visitors .
Mathews Market Days is a not for profit event. All net proceeds are donated into the Mathews Community in the form of grants through the Mathews Market Days Grant Program.
The MMD Committee is an all volunteer group who spend all year to pull this event
together every year since it's inception in 1975.
EXPLORE MATHEWS MARKET DAYS
A great filter enhanced photo of the Food Court from 2016 MMD!
Photo Courtesy: Mike Hazelwood
EXPLORE THE AREA
Just one of the many stunning views in Mathews Virginia. This photo was taken at the then Sea Breeze Restaurant Launch.
Photo Courtesy: Dee Russell